About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I dabble in sooooo many things, Aromatherapy, DIY Cosmetics, Crafts, Paper crafts, I'm also an organisational freak. I am in my final year of a BA in Fine Arts,majoring in Gold and Silversmithing at RMIT, in Melbourne, to further expand my little jewellery business, BabblingBee. I Have 2 gorgeous boys, Sullivan aged 10 and Lincoln aged 9. Happily Married to Michael for 12 years.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Hello,

Well my first week of Sullivan at school has been bliss!!! Lincoln is so much easier to deal with on his own, and it allows his cheeky little personality to shine through!!! Looking at getting him into a WHOLE day of childcare, on a wednesday, selfish I know, but just one day of child free time would be fantastic, I don't have any family close by, and so it's just me, 24/7(and of course Hubby) but that's it!

Lincoln needs some other little kids to play with,and the centre I'm looking at is very stuctured, so I think it will be good for him.

On a sadder note, yes the bushfires are horrible, but we've been through this before, and as Aussies we'll pull together and Re-build,I lived in Hepburn Springs for 8 years as a kid, during that time we had Ash Wednesday,in Macedon, which is not far from there, as a kid it was terrifying..all can say is, thank god I no longer live in the Bush!!!

Not much else happening, still getting into the groove of being a school Mum!!!..Oh and listening to the Twighlight soundtrack...AWESOME!!

Cheers
XB

1 comment:

Marcia P said...

Welcome to school life, Brooke! It is such a nice thing to be able to have 'quiet' time between 9 & 3. I still miss my daughter when she is at school and I have learned to value those six hours every day.

Yes, the fires have been awful, I can't even comprehend. Only four weeks ago we were driving through that region, whilst over there on holidays. To see the devastation has been terrible. But they don't call aussies battlers for no reason and hopefully over time, the locations can be rebuilt and people can take control again.

Take care
Marcia